The University of Toronto is now a member of the Coursera Partner Consortium, a content-sharing initiative that makes it possible universities to share MOOC content with other participating Coursera partners.
Effective March 2021, access to self-directed learning and certification of completion of Coursera offerings will be available to University of Toronto learners at no cost. This will be a continuing program, however the catalogue of courses is now restricted to content provided by participating partners only. Some exclusions may apply.
- Coursera for University of Toronto – Catalogue
- U of T Student Account Creation
- Learner Guide (Account Set up and Course Access)
Key features are as follows:
- Catalogue of professional and research skills-related courses highlighted to support U of T students
- U of T students and alumni may enroll using University of Toronto email (mail.utoronto.ca; utoronto.ca; alum.utoronto.ca; alumni.utoronto.ca)
- Participate for skills development and/or to receive a certificate of completion
- Certifications may be posted on LinkedIn or shared via URL
Example short course topics:
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Skills
- R, Python, SQL, SAS Programming
- Data Visualization
- Academic Communications
- Healthcare Informatics
- Introduction to Big Data
Coursera content has been developed by leading academics from partner institutions around the globe, and includes many University of Toronto offerings on the Coursera platform.
Instructors and/or academic administrators are invited to curate a recommended Coursera course list for students in their program area from the full Coursera Catalogue. Use the “Explore” or “Search” tools on the catalogue display page to locate courses of value and relevance to your graduate students. Contact email@example.com for information on providing a customized Coursera recommended content list.