The Office of the Vice-Provost Academic Programs oversees academic and policy matters related to design, development and delivery of Massively Open Online Courses (MOOCs) supported by the institution. The Open UToronto Advisory Committee has been established to guide the office in development of Open UToronto principles and practice and to provide strategic advice and guidelines regarding online and open access resources and courses.
As noted in the Open Course Initiative Fund documentation, the overarching the goals of the institution are as follows:
- Contribute to the education community and the broader public through sharing of institutional expertise and open curriculum content
- Explore and evaluate a range of pedagogical approaches and open course platforms
- Leverage use of open educational resources through integration into University of Toronto degree program courses
- Enhance the University of Toronto’s reputation as a leading institution for teaching, learning and research
- Feature the University of Toronto’s contribution to global innovation
The following documents were recently developed and reviewed by committee members.
General Information on Development of Open Courses and MOOCs:
- Open Course Initiative Fund 2020- 2021
- Workflow For Creating A Massive Open Online Course
- MOOC Proposal Template
Director – Digital Learning Innovation provides support in the area of faculty development related to MOOC initiatives; consults on resourcing, team-based planning and design; coordinates institutional research and evaluation activities; and acts as liaison with the Office of the Vice-Provost Academic Programs as required.
Director – Academic and Collaborative Technology provides support in the area of Open UToronto initiatives broadly, identifies institutional strategies and processes related to resourcing and infrastructure integration, and enables access to relevant information, resources, services across the institution.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information or consultation.