Coursera is currently offering full access to MOOC courses, including completion certification to support partner universities impacted by COVID-19. Access to this self-directed learning content is being prioritized for students at the University of Toronto while on-campus activities are suspended.
- Coursera for University of Toronto – Catalogue
- U of T Student Account Creation
- Learner Guide (Account Set up and Course Access)
Key features are as follows:
- Catalogue of professional and research skills-related courses highlighted to support U of T students
- U of T students may enrol using University of Toronto email (mail.utoronto.ca; utoronto.ca)
- Participate for skills development and/or to receive a certificate of completion
Learners who register by February 28, 2021 will have until April 20, 2021 to complete these courses for certification at no cost. [Note extended dates].
Example short course topics:
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Skills
- R, Python, SQL, SAS Programming
- Data Visualization
- Academic Communications
- Healthcare Informatics
- Introduction to Big Data
Coursera content has been developed by leading academics from partner institutions around the globe, and includes many University of Toronto offerings on the Coursera platform.
Instructors and/or academic administrators are invited to curate a recommended Coursera course list for students in their program area from the full Coursera Catalogue. Use the “Explore” or “Search” tools on the catalogue display page to locate courses of value and relevance to your graduate students. Contact email@example.com for information on providing a customized Coursera recommended content list.