When: Friday, October 28, 2022 at 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Where: Online (Teams)
Register for this event
Are you interested in learning how instructor-accessed Quercus course data can be used to inform redesign decisions aimed at improving engagement and learner experience? Please join us for a showcase of results from a group of pioneering instructors who have been participating in the D3:QA initiative during the past academic year.
All members of the D3:QA cohort were supported in data analysis of available Quercus Analytics exports and log files to better understand student activity patterns in Winter 2022 courses. In this showcase event, instructors from across divisions will share their path of inquiry and adaptable examples of Quercus data reports used to advance instructional design and implementation processes.
Example topics include:
- Active learning: Effectiveness of scientific literacy and communication modules in a STEM course
- Strategic design: Assessing impact of scaffolded supplementary content resources
- Pinpointing learner hotspots: A closer look at formative assessment results
- Prof. Stavroula Andreopoulos (Temerty Faculty of Medicine)
- Asst. Prof. Naomi Levy-Strumpf (Faculty of Arts and Science – Human Biology)
- Asst. Prof. Naomi Steenhof (Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy)
- Asst. Prof. Chirag Variawa (Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering)
- Asst. Prof. Tingting Zhu (University of Toronto Mississauga – Geography, Geomatics and Environment)